It’s recommended that the US citizens apply for a 3-year multiple-entry private visa regardless of the dates of entry/exit, number of entries or period of stay actually stated in the invitation or notarized written statement from the hosting individual.
When applying for a 3-year multiple-entry private visa, please indicate a three year period of stay in the visa application form.
I. When applying for a multiple three year Private Visa, in addition to the visa application form, US passport, one standard picture, money order (see points 1-4 of Information on visas) an applicant must have:
- Notarized written statement from the hosting individual, which should give the surname, first name, patronymic, date of birth, citizenship, sex, passport number, address of registration, and address of the actual residence of the hosting individual, as well as the surname, first name, other names, date of birth), citizenship, sex, passport number, multiplicity of the visa, purpose of travel, requested period of entry, location of intended residence of the visa applicant; and the cities to be visited.
The Consular Division of the Embassy also has the right to call the applicants for an interview and request, if needed:
- a bank statement from the applicant;
- a statement from the employer regarding the applicant's wages for the preceding year/ half year, or month;
- medical insurance valid in the country to be visited and fully covering the period of the first trip;
- documents regarding the applicant's ownership of property in the country of his citizenship;
- a certificate on the makeup of the applicant's family.
II. Private visas for the relatives (husband, wife, minor child) of the Russian Citizen.
If your wife or husband is a Russian Citizen with valid Russian Foreign Passport and you intend to travel to Russia together she/he may submit special application to the Consulate to issue Private Visa for you or (and) your joint minor child.
Visa processing time for this type of visa application is not less than six business days (no express service).
This type of visa can be valid for the period up to three months only.
When filling out a visa application form, the place of submission of documents should be sure to select the "Embassy of the Russian Federation in Washington" or "Embassy of the Russian Federation to the Washington".
RUSSIAN CITIZEN - APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT APPLICATION IN PERSON ONLY
- Special application to the Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the United States of America.
- Copy of the valid Russian Foreign Passport of the applicant-Russian citizen and document confirming her\his legal stay in the US (US Visa, Green Card).
- Original or copy of Marriage Certificate or Child's Birth Certificate.
- Original or copy of Russian or US Court Decision with full custody over the child has to be submitted only if visa applicant-Russian Citizen is not a biological parent.
III. Foreign citizens who do not have Russian citizenship can apply to the consular section of the Embassy to issue an urgent private visa in case of death or serious illness in the Russian Federation of their close relative (this category includes only spouses, parents and children).
Consideration period: the visa is issued the next day after the application is submitted.
1. Electronic visa application form in printed form with a photograph of 3.5 / 4.5 cm pasted on it. The application form is filled in and personally signed by the applicant.
2. Passport (the passport must have two blank pages for visas, and it must be valid 6 months from the date of expiry of the requested visa) + copy;
3. A copy of documentary evidence of the death or serious illness of a close relative (death certificate, health certificate from a Russian medical institution);
4. Documents of the registry office, confirming the degree of relationship (originals or copies). In the event of a change in the name, all documents are required to establish the degree of relationship between the applicant for a visa and his relative in Russia.