It’s recommended that the US citizens apply for a 3-year multiple-entry business visa regardless of the dates of entry/exit, number of entries or period of stay stated in the invitation issued by the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation (FMS) or the host organization.
When applying for a 3-year multiple-entry business visa, please indicate a three year period of stay in the visa application form.
I. To apply for a multiple three year Business visa, an applicant should submit a completed visa application form, US passport, one standard picture, money order (see points 1-4 of Information on visas), as well as:
- Written statement from the host organization, which should give: the full name of the host organization, its official address and contact information, the surname, first name, patronymic, and position of the person who signed the statement (if the host organization is a legal entity or enterprise, an institution, or their affiliate established in the territory of the Russian Federation - the individual taxpayer number), and basic information regarding the visa applicant: the surname, first name, other names, date of birth, citizenship, sex, passport number, multiplicity of the visa, purpose of travel, requested period of entry, location of intended residence of the visa applicant, and the cities to be visited.
The Consular Division of the Embassy also has the right to call the applicants for an interview and request, if needed:
- a bank statement from the applicant;
- a statement from the employer regarding the applicant's wages for the preceding year/ half year, or month;
- medical insurance valid in the country to be visited and fully covering the period of the first trip;
- documents regarding the applicant's ownership of property in the country of his citizenship;
- a certificate on the makeup of the applicant's family.
II. To apply for a single, double or multiple one year Business visa, an applicant should submit a completed visa application form, national passport, one standard picture, money order (see points 1-4 of Information on visas), as well as:
- Visa Support is provided by your Russian host organization through Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia or Original letter of Invitation from your Russian host must be issued by the Federal Migration Service or its local office.